Monday, October 28, 2013

Have you ever just wondered?





I often wonder why I love to take pictures so much? Then I realized in the "real world" I wade around in cancer all day, every day, for the last 15 years. Data on cancer, treatment information, survival statistics, Case Studies, and annual reports, etc. I love my job, but it is sad sometimes because people suffer and let's face it, sometimes they die. Taking pictures for me is creating, it's happy, it's color in a world that is sometimes black and white and it is peaceful, in the midst of a gaggle of giggling tweens waiting to have their picture taken it is....well LIFE. There is a certain calmness in that for me. This weekend I got to take some pictures for Dylan, Patrick and Maggie, awesome kids who I really enjoyed hanging out with. Each has very different interests so I tried to give them each their own time as well as some time for silliness. Because there has to be room for silliness in everything. When I left there I decided that I wanted to do this for more than just my family that I would really like to do this for more people. After talking with hubby, we decided that it might be a good outlet for me to offer my services on a part time basis to the people in my community.  So here goes, wish me luck.