Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A love affair with Clementine

So for the past few weeks I have been having a love affair with Clementine. 
As soon as I saw her, I knew her name should be Clementine.







Moving Clementine for me
Clementine is a 1966 Chevy truck that I found in my father in law's pasture. She was his truck for many years and I guess he didn't get rid of her for sentimental reasons.   Now I have walked past this truck a million times, but for some reason I didn't NOTICE her until a few weeks ago.  I asked my FIL to move her to a more aesthetically pleasing location for me, he looked at me as if I had grown another head when I said I wanted to take pictures of her. Because he likes me, he did it, with a minimum of head shaking.   I just love her, she is weathered and rustic, I refuse out respect for her to say, rusty and old. 

I am quite sure my father would approve of my love affair, she is a 1966, she is a Chevy and she still has a 327 in her.  My mother would also approve, she is "weathered and rustic",  my mother hated anything modern.  



My husband thought I was crazy, just plain nuts, but because he loves me, he went along with it.  He often does, hoping I will forget about it.  For example, my rock wall around my yard, I told him I wanted to do it, he said, "go ahead" and I did, now it took me 3.5 years,  but I got it done.  You'd think after all this time he would realize I don't forget things.....

My first project was with the hounds.  Now when I think of an old Chevy the first thing that pops in my head is a hound dog.  I have a Basset Hound, Ella, who was happy to model.  She also has puppies, Sherman, Pete and Sam, affectionately known as the "The Bagels" (they are 1/2 Basset + 1/2 Beagle=Bagel).  I took them over to see Clementine too.  Had so much fun taking pictures of them.  

Sherman, Sam and Pete

Sam taking a nap

Ella 


I was so pleased with them, I couldn't wait to take more!  So next up, was FAMILY Photos.  Now these are hard because, I like to move when taking pictures,  but if I am in them I can't move.  I have to use a tripod and I have a vision in my head of what I want, then my husband has an opinion too.  So we had "discussion" about several things during this project and then you add a 3 almost 4 year old running around, it makes things interesting and a bit stressful.  Even though, it was stressful, I loved them!  I was so happy we did it and it was worth the several "discussions" we had.  Hubby took some beautiful pictures of my son and I that I will cherish for a lifetime.




So Clementine and I are good friends now and I am glad I got to give her new life and a new purpose!  See Recycling is a good thing!

Until next time!