Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

Phew, that was one busy holiday week!  We had a wonderful Thanksgiving, very relaxed and subdued.  We ate ourselves into a Turkey Coma then had some pie to top it off.  Everything was wonderful and we had such a good day.  

Then it was time to finish decking the halls.  Now those who know me, know my house fairly pukes Christmas cheer.  I put up 5, yes, 5 Trees of various sizes throughout my home.  I love Christmas!  I did have to cheat a bit and start early this year though, I have a 4 year old so you have to work when you can.  He did have a wonderful time "helping" this year.  He is going to be so much fun on Christmas this year.  He has finally got the whole present thing and totally enjoys it.  Then of course I had to take his holiday picture in his Christmas outfit.  He didn't really enjoy that but he was a pretty good sport and I did get a few that I was quite proud of.


 

 I loved the ones with the trees.  He did too, because he got to touch any ornament he wanted to. He was not happy however when I made him sit in the foyer.  His expression confirms that he was a bit mad at me.  I love the darker                                                      look of this photo, reminded me of
                                                 candlelight.





 I also had the opportunity to  photograph one of my favorite families.  They have 9, yes, NINE dogs and  wanted them in the family portrait too.    Hard work let me tell you.  They also  have several other different kinds of  animals, pigs, chickens, ducks, cats and  probably a few things I missed.  It is  like they have their own personal petting zoo!    I was hoarse when I left there, because I had to make all sorts of funny noises to get them to look at me and not the squirrels!  It was a bright sunny day, which sometimes is a challenge, but I managed to get quite a few shots I was pleased with.  They loved them and that is all that counts.  My hoarseness was totally worth it.

The Roots and their pups
All of these are rescued dogs


Darla, 1 year pit, such a sweetie.
She is a rescue.

Told you they had a pig.  Shadow.

After that, we had another big event here.  Jordan's 4th Birthday!  November is the month of birthdays in my family, my husband, goddaughter, both of my brothers and my son were all born in November. So we celebrate one a week, literally.  This was the first year Jordan really "got" that it was his birthday and he was so excited.  I had to peel him off the ceiling a number of times.  He was a having a small party at his favorite pizza place with the family, but before that we gave him a choice of what he wanted to do, with me and his Daddy and his choice?  Go to Kmart!  I don't know why, but that is where he wanted to go so that is where we took him, I needed some soap so it worked out for me.  He picked out his toy and was a happy little man.  Then of course we headed to his favorite place for pizza and he got all his presents and his cake.  His Great Aunt Katherine made him a "dinosaur banilla cake" per his request.  He of course, couldn't keep his fingers out of the icing.  It was his cake so I didn't say much.   He had such a good time and it gave me a lump in my throat to see him so happy and excited. 


If you look close,
you can see little fingerprints




See? Told you, he kept poking it.



Even though it was a wild, busy, holiday weekend it was wonderful.  I am so blessed to have an awesome family and friends to share it with.


Until next time.